Friday, August 24, 2007

Anger, relief, rest and return

I was right, although I didn't believe myself. The so-called expert hoodwinked me into thinking he knew my body better than I did. His clinical data seemed more legitimate than the pain I was experiencing but whatever. I woke up from the surgery to discover that the surgeon now understood why I was in pain: my fallopian tube was corkscrewed around the ovary and ovary ligament. It was wrapped several times around it preventing the fluid in the tube (the diameter of an orange) from draining. Hmmm...sound painful? It was apparently very rare and surprised everyone. One of the nurses told me that I was "a mess in there". I wanted to ask her if she wouldn't mind checking out my head since I let the surgeon convince me that the hydrosalpinx shouldn't be that painful.

Initially, I was very mad at him for being an arrogant physician blinded by data but then I realized that I really was mad at myself for letting him convince me I was wrong. Lesson learned hopefully. Thankfully, Dr. Hays had listened to me and knew me well enough to know that I don't cry wolf.

My recovery has been decent. I could not have done it without the amazing support of my hubby's parents. More than anyone on this planet, they know the day in and day out of our lives here. It helps to share that with someone so that we don't feel so isolated and misunderstood.

Although I'm still in a little pain, especially when lifting babes a lot, I'm improving. I'm a little concerned that something else may be going on but it's still too early to tell. Too tired and too busy to worry about it yet. I'll try to give my body time to heal.

This isn't the most exciting post I have ever written but I felt I needed to write a follow up to my previous one. I have several other posts that I would like to write that were inspired by the events of the last few weeks. Although the dullness of this post might suggest that the events over the last few weeks were uneventful, they actually provided some inspiration which I hope will be conveyed on the blog in the future.

Peace and good health to all.

No comments: