Thursday, February 21, 2008

Constipated

One of my little darlings has been clogged and clogged and clogged and whew. We seem to have figured out a way to relieve his unpleasant condition, and we now see how much he had been affected by it in ways we hadn't previously realized. Evan has been slow to walk - he just turned 16 months old but he was 6 weeks premature. While his twin would run past him, Evan would catch up with Dylan via his speedy, hauling crawl. He wasn't slowed down but he liked to stay close to the ground. Just a few days after his symptoms were relieved, he seems more eager to be upright and is attempting to walk a lot more. An interesting development that I had not foreseen.

As I pondered my son's constipation, I realized that I was sort of suffering from a mental constipation. I've been plugged up with lots of emotional garbage for the last few weeks and I was unable to express any of it because our computer has been giving us a ton of trouble and because I wasn't sure if it would be prudent to write about some personal, family business I've been involved in. Our computer situation is improving yet I haven't decided how or whether I should discuss the emotional ramifications of a family situation. So, I guess you could say I'm still a bit clogged. Hopefully, I'll find a solution to this dilemma soon enough or the emotions will pass on their own so that I don't feel the need to air them publically. For now, I will probably be a little hampered until I can stand again on my own two feet.

No comments: