Monday, April 14, 2008

Tot pursuit

I sneak a sly glance over my shoulder. The coast is clear. False alarm. Another sound. Another glance. Typing faster. Subject in view. Cover blown? I won’t risk turning my head. Fingers type, eyes peaking. Subject gone. Now, two subjects and a bouncing ball. Perhaps the ball is more interesting than me. Steal a glance and see one subject looking away, trying to poop. Perhaps pooping is more interesting than me. Pitter patter the feet slap the floor. Two sets of feet. Ball hits my foot. “Ball” uttered repeatedly by subject. Standing super still. Subject retracts ball and moves away pursuing thrown ball. Whew. Close call.

How long will my luck hold? Perhaps I can risk moving one foot in order to be more comfortable standing here typing. Oh no. I got too confident. Looked as one subject saw me. The other subject is approaching. Afraid to look. Subject is still approaching but seems to have something in his hands that is more interesting than me.

Ah shit. “Bobble” and “mommy” uttered by each. Alas, they have found me. Repeat: they have found me.

Note: Third subject was having quiet time in his room; otherwise, entire attempt of doing something for myself for a damn change would have been completely impossible.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

You need to work on your stealth! I send you my special ops manual. A must have for desperate mommies who need some Internet time. :o)