Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Poop on my face

In the middle of juggling the twins during their bath, my husband noticed that I had something on my face. He lovingly reached up to pick it off then realized with horror that it was baby poop. While I shrugged as if that happens everyday, Chris grimaced and suggested I go wash my face. I couldn't help but feel that that moment summed up today.

We're facing more poop. For those of you who know us well, you've heard about how crazy our lives have been over the last year or so. Apparently, it's time for us to endure another trial of sorts. How much of a trial is unknown at this point. I'm hoping for a small one but we'll see.

Today, I went to the doctor to see what was up with my left ovary. Most people probably can't tell where their ovary is much less whether something is unusual but, after all the IVF procedures and subsequent hyperstimulation (ridiculous amount of eggs produced) that I had endured, I had a really good feel for when something wasn't quite right with one of my ovaries.

So I had a sono. A cyst that had been small and benign in the past was much bigger. Whether it's benign still remains to be seen. Either way, it has to be removed surgically.

This is what lies ahead so far: Another sono, surgery, 3 nights in hospital, no driving for 2 weeks, recovery for who knows how long. Meanwhile, I have 3 babies who need me and a tired, tired husband who has just had enough of all this crap. We just can't catch a break these days. We endure but, man, we've been kicked and tossed and hassled and we're just damn tired of it. We somehow laugh despite all this - such as when he said that my ovaries were causing problems yet again. After all, I was the ova-achiever. These guys (or should I say gals) just don't know when to stop.

Good thing we don't either. So, I went and washed the poop off my face and went back to work. I kissed my babies a little more tonight, hugged them a little tighter. Let's just hope that surgery is all we have to deal with now.

No comments: