Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Blue green

I really have no business wearing shorts these days. Although I am getting trimmer, my legs are covered in scratches and bruises. The other night I counted around 13 but that was conservative since I counted as one bruise an area that technically had several small ones grouped together - I jokingly imagine that they are little hand print bruises. Today, I enjoyed the making of yet another bruise (with complimentary scratch) when Neil accidentally knocked one of their chairs over on my shin as he was eagerly making way for his car which was cruising a step in the play room. The chair was simply in his way. My shin wasn't very understanding.

When I woke up this morning, I put on a green shirt and blue shorts to match my bruises. A few hours later, I had to change my shirt, of course, because it was saturated in baby food and ick. I changed to purple and blue. It seemed fitting to change my colors like bruises do - the aging of wounds so to speak. Of course, I need to change the purple shirt now because more junk has been sprayed across it. Should I change to black or is that just pushing the bruise analogy too far?

No comments: