Monday, June 30, 2008

On a roll

The luxury of moving is that I am finding more creative ways to occupy the kiddos. From letting them "help" me pack (which involves giving them boxes for them to play with while I do the real thing) to rolling out old wrapping paper on the floor so they can slip, slide or color on it, I'm finding that packing up a house is tricky but is ripe with many silly opportunities for play.

Of course, with the full heat of summer beating down on us, I feel trapped in the house with three energetic boys and haunted by an unending list of to dos. I would much rather rest, put my feet up and cool off. As I listen to the sound of a neglected tv playing in the back of the house, I find myself looking forward to the changes ahead - if anything because it will be different than this right now.

As I wander the house, going from room to room to room, I am reminded of different days by the pictures I'm now packing away. Today, I packed our wedding photos which is only fitting considering today is our 7 year anniversary. Is it time for the 7 year itch? Nah. Chris and I don't have the energy to cheat on each other. Perhaps our 7 year itch has manifested in this move. I think we both need a change especially after the challenging years we've had. Although my relationship with some are being upset by this move, I'm glad to know that Chris and I have only grown closer and we're more committed to each other and our family as we prepare for a new, and hopefully, exciting future.

One wedding, one honeymoon, two houses, and three babies later, we're still on a roll. Happy anniversary, hon.

No comments: