Friday, March 7, 2008

Clarification

I have to admit that I'm concerned about the ramifications of my writing about my parents on my blog. I don't want to embarrass them in anyway so, in the hopes of alleviating any bad feelings, I decided that it was not only fair but my duty to clarify that I have awesome parents and that I only want a good relationship with them. I'm not trying to be right, to have the upper hand, or to prove how awful they are because they aren't. I'm just struggling with balancing my independence and our need for staying connected. Although I'm unhappy with how things are, they have every right to be feeling what they are. I love them no matter what.

Transitions are often painful but, with being kind and compassionate as a constant goal, we can overcome.

I am truly grateful for my parents and the strong bond that we have. I know we can get through this.

No comments: